HB 7099: Taxation
GENERAL BILL by Finance and Tax Committee ; Gaetz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Avila ; Combee ; Nunez ; Rodrigues, R.
Taxation; Specifying additional uses for revenues received from tourist development taxes for certain coastal counties; revising an economic development ad valorem tax exemption for certain enterprise zone businesses; revising a date relating to the payment of debt service for certain bonds; providing procedures to be used when a person, other than a dealer, is required but fails to remit certain taxes; exempting the sales of food or drinks by certain qualified veterans' organizations; adopting the 2016 version of the Internal Revenue Code; authorizing the Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco within the Department of Business and Professional Regulation to independently verify certain reported information; authorizing certain dealers to elect not to participate in such tax exemptions, etc. APPROPRIATION: $330,356.00
Last Action: 4/13/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-220, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 698 (Ch. 2016-190)
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 391
• Introduced -HJ 390
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/10/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 423
• Amendment(s) adopted (021889, 800713) -HJ 425
• Amendment(s) failed (035209, 215155, 434843, 525401, 635721, 666241, 807323, 965269) -HJ 425
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 446
• Amendment(s) adopted (244717) -HJ 447
• Passed as amended; YEAS 96 NAYS 17 -HJ 447
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 432
• Received -SJ 432
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/01/16, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/03/16, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable with 1 amendment(s) by- Appropriations (673118); YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 725
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Amendments)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/16
• Read 2nd time -SJ 943
• Amendment(s) adopted (673118) -SJ 944
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1433
• Passed as amended; YEAS 35 NAYS 4 -SJ 1434
• In returning messages
• Was taken up -HJ 1422
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (673118) -HJ 1431
• Passed as amended; YEAS 105 NAYS 9 -HJ 1431
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1431
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-220, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 698 (Ch. 2016-190)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.