CS/CS/HB 761: Fraudulent Activities Associated with Payment Systems
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Young ; Cruz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Adkins ; Artiles ; Avila ; Diaz, M. ; Dudley ; Fresen ; Mayfield ; Murphy ; Slosberg ; Van Zant ; Williams
Fraudulent Activities Associated with Payment Systems; Revises felony classification for unlawful conveyance of fuel; requires retail petroleum fuel measuring devices fitted with scanning devices to have certain security measures; revises prohibition against trafficking in or possessing counterfeit credit cards or related documents; revises penalties; revises ranking of unlawful conveyance or fraudulent acquisition of fuel, & ranks trafficking in or possessing counterfeit credit cards or related documents, on offense severity ranking chart.
Last Action: 3/7/2016 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 912 (Ch. 2016-173) -HJ 869
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 67
• Introduced -HJ 67
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/19/16, 4:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 252
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 248
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 262
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/09/16, 3:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 25 NAYS 0 -HJ 437
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 437
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/18/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 519
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 514
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 560
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/16
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/SB 912 -HJ 869
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/SB 912 (Ch. 2016-173) -HJ 869
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.