HB 93: Law Enforcement Officer Body Cameras
GENERAL BILL by Jones, S. ; Williams ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Baxley ; Berman ; Campbell ; Clarke-Reed ; Combee ; Cortes, J. ; DuBose ; Fullwood ; Harrell ; Jones, M. ; Lee ; Murphy ; Narain ; Pafford ; Pilon ; Powell ; Rouson ; Slosberg ; Torres ; Van Zant ; Watson, B. ; Watson, C.
Law Enforcement Officer Body Cameras; Requires law enforcement agency that permits its law enforcement officers to wear body cameras to establish policies & procedures addressing proper use, maintenance, & storage of cameras & data; requires such policies & procedures to include specified information; requires agency to ensure that specified personnel are trained; requires that data be retained in accordance with specified requirements; requires periodic review of agency body camera practices; exempts recordings from specified provisions relating to interception of wire, electronic, & oral communications.
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 14
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 11/04/15, 10:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 159
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 159
• Introduced -HJ 14
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 01/21/16, 3:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 256
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 256
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/04/16, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 399
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 399
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 710
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 731
• Passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 731
• In Messages
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Community Affairs; Fiscal Policy -SJ 727
• Received -SJ 727
• Withdrawn from Criminal Justice; Community Affairs; Fiscal Policy -SJ 665
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 665
• Substituted for SB 418 -SJ 665
• Read 2nd time -SJ 665
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 739
• Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 739
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 891
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 980
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-76
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.