CS/CS/HB 965: Firesafety
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Appropriations Committee ; Harrison
Firesafety; Revises firesafety standards for assisted living facilities & provides exemption for certain assisted living facilities under certain conditions.
Last Action: 3/24/2016 - Chapter No. 2016-92
Location: Became Law
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 83
• Introduced -HJ 83
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 02/01/16, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 364
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 364
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/09/16, 3:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 0 -HJ 453
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.19(c)
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 458
• CS by Appropriations Committee read 1st time -HJ 457
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/17/16, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 508
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.19(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 506
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 505
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/23/16
• Read 2nd time -HJ 553
• Amendment(s) adopted (311481) -HJ 553
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 586
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 586
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Fiscal Policy -SJ 516
• Received -SJ 516
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Fiscal Policy -SJ 714
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 714
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1164 -SJ 714
• Read 2nd time -SJ 714
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 738
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 738
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 891
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -HJ 980
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2016-92
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.