CS/SB 28: Relief of J.D.S. by the Agency for Persons with Disabilities
CLAIM/GENERAL by Judiciary ; Simmons
Relief of J.D.S. by the Agency for Persons with Disabilities; Providing for the relief of J.D.S.; providing an appropriation from the General Revenue Fund to compensate J.D.S. for injuries and damages sustained as a result of the negligence of the Agency for Persons with Disabilities, as successor agency of the Department of Children and Family Services; providing that certain payments and the appropriation satisfy all present and future claims related to the negligent act, etc. CLAIM WITH APPROPRIATION: $950,000.00
Last Action: 4/25/2017 Senate - Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 442
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Special Master on Claim Bills (SM)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Special Master on Claim Bills; Judiciary; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 40
• Recommendation: Favorable by Special Master on Claim Bills -SJ 147
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 147
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/21/17, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 148
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 148
• Introduced -SJ 40
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 137
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 04/18/17, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 435
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 435
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/25/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 442
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.