CS/HB 67: Public School Recess
GENERAL BILL by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee ; Plasencia ; Cortes, B. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Albritton ; Alexander ; Altman ; Burgess ; Byrd ; Combee ; Daniels ; Davis ; Diamond ; Duran ; Edwards ; Eisnaugle ; Fant ; Fischer ; Geller ; Gonzalez ; Grant, J. ; Gruters ; Hardemon ; Harrison ; Jacobs ; Jenne ; Jones ; Killebrew ; Lee ; Mariano ; McClain ; Miller, M. ; Moraitis ; Payne ; Plakon ; Ponder ; Raschein ; Raulerson ; Richardson ; Russell ; Santiago ; Shaw ; Spano ; Stark ; Toledo ; Williams ; Yarborough
Public School Recess; Allows free-play recess to be part of physical education classes for specified grade levels; requires specified amount of free-play recess on days that physical education classes are not held.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 House - Died in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 35
• Introduced -HJ 35
• PCS on Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 8:30 am, Mashburn Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 519
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 526
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 562
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.