The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/SB 90: Renewable Energy Source Devices
GENERAL BILL by Community Affairs ; Brandes ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Stewart ; Gibson
Renewable Energy Source Devices; Revising and defining terms related to renewable energy source devices; prohibiting consideration of the just value of property attributable to a renewable energy source device in determining the assessed value of residential real property; exempting a specified percentage of the assessed value of certain renewable energy source devices from ad valorem taxation; exempting a specified percentage of the assessed value of renewable energy source devices affixed to property owned or leased by the United States Department of Defense for the military from ad valorem taxation, etc.
- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities (CU)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax (AFT)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Community Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 43
• On Committee agenda-- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities, 02/07/17, 2:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 147
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 147
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 02/21/17, 12:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 148
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax -SJ 148
• Introduced -SJ 43
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 138
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax, 04/13/17, 1:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Finance and Tax; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 404
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 404
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/20/17, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 442
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/17 -SJ 477
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 477
• Read 2nd time -SJ 510
• Amendment(s) adopted (469934) -SJ 513
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 514
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 552
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 34 NAYS 0 -SJ 552
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 1023
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/17
• Received -HJ 1023
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1059
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/HB 1351 -HJ 1059
• Amendment(s) adopted (955741) -HJ 1059, 1062
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1082
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 1082
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (955741) -SJ 797, 800
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 33 NAYS 0 -SJ 800
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 800
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-118
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.