CS/HB 351: Pub. Rec. and Meetings/Postsecondary Education Executive Search
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee ; Rommel ; Donalds
Pub. Rec. and Meetings/Postsecondary Education Executive Search; Provides exemption from public records requirements for personal identifying information of applicant for president, vice president, provost, or dean of state university or FCS institution; provides exemption from public meeting requirements for meeting held for specified purposes relating to postsecondary executive search; provides for future legislative review & repeal; provides statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Education
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 55
• Introduced -HJ 55
• On Committee agenda-- Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee, 03/13/17, 1:00 pm, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 3 -HJ 361
• Now in Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee -HJ 361
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 3 -HJ 492
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 483
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 519
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/06/17, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 1 -HJ 597
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 597
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/25/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 818
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 856
• CS passed; YEAS 103 NAYS 11 -HJ 857
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 485
• Received -SJ 485
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Education
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.