CS/SB 360: Middle School Study
Middle School Study; Requiring the Department of Education to solicit for a contract to conduct a comprehensive study of states with nationally recognized high-performing middle schools in reading and mathematics; specifying areas that must be reviewed in conducting the study, etc. APPROPRIATION: $50,000.00
Last Action: 4/28/2017 Senate - Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/01/17
Location: On Special Order Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations -SJ 61
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/06/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 147
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education -SJ 147
• Introduced -SJ 61
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education, 04/13/17, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 412
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 412
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/25/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 478
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 479
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/01/17
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.