CS/CS/HB 363: Temporary Care of a Child
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee ; White ; Williams ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Albritton ; Fine ; Grant, M. ; Harrell ; Ponder ; Rodrigues ; Slosberg ; Spano ; Stevenson ; Yarborough
Temporary Care of a Child; Authorizes certain organizations to establish programs to provide temporary respite care for child by volunteer respite families; provides requirements for & limitations to such programs.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 56
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 02/16/17, 9:00 am, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 272
• Now in Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee -HJ 272
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 03/08/17, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Introduced -HJ 56
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 9 NAYS 4 -HJ 354
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 347
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 360
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 03/23/17, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 1 -HJ 459
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 456
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 463
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/04/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 541
• Amendment(s) failed (767831, 819167) -HJ 541
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 575
• CS passed; YEAS 96 NAYS 16 -HJ 575
• In Messages
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 407
• Received -SJ 407
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Children, Families, and Elder Affairs
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.