CS/HB 577: Discount Plan Organizations
GENERAL BILL by Health Innovation Subcommittee ; Pigman
Discount Plan Organizations; Provides record keeping & disclosure requirements for discount plan organizations; revises conditions for member to receive reimbursement of certain charges after cancelling membership in such organization; authorizes discount plan organization to delegate functions to its marketers; revises authority for FSC to adopt rules.
Last Action: 3/23/2017 House - Placed on Calendar -HJ 454
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Health Innovation Subcommittee; Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 73
• On Committee agenda-- Health Innovation Subcommittee, 03/07/17, 4:00 pm, Mashburn Hall
• Introduced -HJ 73
• CS by Health Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 336
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Health Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 331
• Now in Insurance and Banking Subcommittee -HJ 349
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/14/17, 2:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 369
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 369
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 03/23/17, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 454
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 454
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.