CS/SB 856: Education
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Broxson
Education; Prohibiting a district school board from awarding an annual contract for instructional personnel under certain circumstances; prohibiting a district school board from altering or limiting its authority to award or not award an annual contract under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 4/28/2017 Senate - Unfavorable by Rules, laid on Table; YEAS 6 NAYS 6
Location: Laid on Table
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 101
• Introduced -SJ 101
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 04/03/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 3 -SJ 291
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 291
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/17/17, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building --Amendment(s) Adopted - Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/24/17, 3:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 3 NAYS 2 -SJ 442
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 446
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/28/17, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Unfavorable by Rules, laid on Table; YEAS 6 NAYS 6
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.