CS/CS/SB 876: Health Care Practitioners
Health Care Practitioners; Deleting a requirement authorizing the Department of Health to adopt by rule the manner in which consultants work with the department in intervention, in evaluating and treating professionals, in providing and monitoring continued care of impaired professionals, and in expelling professionals from the program; providing that, under certain circumstances, a board or, if there is no board, the department, is not required to refuse to admit certain candidates to an examination, to issue a license, certificate, or registration to certain applicants, or to renew a license, certificate, or registration of certain applicants if they have successfully completed a pretrial diversion program; requiring licensed midwives and health care providers to report adverse incidents to the department within a certain period, etc.
Last Action: 5/2/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 229 -SJ 648
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 103
• Introduced -SJ 103
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/14/17, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 233
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 233
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 237
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 04/18/17, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 7 NAYS 0
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/25/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 443, 478
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 481
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 648
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 229 -SJ 648
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/HB 229 -SJ 648
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.