CS/CS/HB 907: Direct-Support Organizations
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee ; Killebrew ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Edwards-Walpole
Direct-Support Organizations; Requires contract between agency & certain organizations to include provision for cessation of operations, certain proceeds to be deposited into Grants & Donations Trust Fund of Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, instead of Florida Endowment Foundation for Vocational Rehabilitation, & Florida Association of Centers for Independent Living to administer James Patrick Memorial Work Incentive Personal Attendant Services & Employment Assistance Program; extends date for future review & repeal of Florida Endowment for Vocational Rehabilitation Act; requires Florida Endowment Foundation for Vocational Rehabilitation to transfer funds to specified entities.
Last Action: 5/2/2017 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 890 (Ch. 2017-75) -HJ 1065
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee; Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 100
• Introduced -HJ 100
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 3:30 pm, Mashburn Hall
• CS by Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 493
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 485
• Now in Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 519
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/17/17, 4:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 720
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 720
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/24/17, 2:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 807
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 805
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 800
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 948
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/17
• Substituted CS/CS/SB 890 -HJ 1065
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 890 (Ch. 2017-75) -HJ 1065
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.