CS/HB 1009: Pub. Rec./Insurance Fraud Information/DFS
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; Raschein
Pub. Rec./Insurance Fraud Information/DFS; Provides exemption from public records requirements for reports, documents, or other information relating to investigation & tracking of insurance fraud submitted by insurers to DFS; provides finding of public necessity.
Last Action: 6/27/2017 - Chapter No. 2017-179, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1007 (Ch. 2017-178)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 109
• Introduced -HJ 109
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/27/17, 12:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 490
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee
• CS referred to Government Accountability Committee; Commerce Committee -HJ 489
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 489
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 486
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 04/06/17, 1:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 602
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 602
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/24/17, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 25 NAYS 0 -HJ 807
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 807
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1013
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1047
• CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 1047
• In Messages
• Referred to Rules -SJ 682
• Received -SJ 682
• Withdrawn from Rules -SJ 863
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 863
• Substituted for CS/SB 1014 -SJ 863
• Read 2nd time -SJ 863
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 906
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 906
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1263
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-179, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 1007 (Ch. 2017-178)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.