SB 1228: Marine Turtle Protection Act
Marine Turtle Protection Act; Adding the existing offense of possession of any marine turtle species or hatchling, or parts thereof, or nests to level 3 of the offense severity ranking chart for the purpose of increasing sentencing points for conviction of the offense, etc.
Last Action: 5/3/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to HB 1031 -SJ 711
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Environmental Preservation and Conservation; Appropriations -SJ 129
• Introduced -SJ 129
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 04/03/17, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 291
• Now in Environmental Preservation and Conservation -SJ 291
• On Committee agenda-- Environmental Preservation and Conservation, 04/19/17, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Environmental Preservation and Conservation; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 442
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 442
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 05/01/17, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 602
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 602
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/03/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 711
• Substituted HB 1031 -SJ 711
• Laid on Table, refer to HB 1031 -SJ 711
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.