CS/CS/HB 1237: Condominiums
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee ; Diaz, J. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Avila ; Nunez
Condominiums; Revises & provides requirements relating to condominiums, including kickbacks, association documents, attorney representation, recordkeeping requirements, purchasing of units at foreclosure sale, financial statements, powers & duties of Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, & Mobile Homes, board membership, management services, conflicts of interest, arbitration, member voting rights, & reporting requirements; provides criminal penalties.
Last Action: 4/24/2017 House - CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 801
Location: On Special Order Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 129
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Rules and Policy Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 349
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 03/20/17, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 423
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 419
• Original reference(s) removed: Rules and Policy Committee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 450
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 450
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/20/17, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 808
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 805
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 801
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.