CS/SB 1238: Utility Investments in Gas Reserves
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Bean
Utility Investments in Gas Reserves; Revising the jurisdiction of the Public Service Commission over public utilities to include the approval of cost recovery for certain gas reserve investments; requiring each public utility to file with the commission a comparison of all gas reserve projects entered into on behalf of the utility and any affiliate or subsidiary of the parent company as part of its risk management plan; requiring the use of a third-party auditor for audits of associated transactions for a gas reserve project, etc.
• Referred to Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; Rules -SJ 130
• Introduced -SJ 130
• On Committee agenda-- Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities, 03/14/17, 2:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Communications, Energy, and Public Utilities; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 181
• Now in Rules -SJ 181
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/12/17, 5:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/19/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/25/17, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 7 NAYS 3 -SJ 478
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 482
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 478
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/28/17
• Read 2nd time -SJ 541
• Amendment(s) adopted (968298) -SJ 541
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 541
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.