CS/SB 1670: Juvenile Justice
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Latvala
Juvenile Justice; Requiring the Department of Health to waive fees for a birth certificate issued to certain juvenile offenders; providing an additional circumstance under which the court may order continued detention; requiring the court to place a prolific juvenile offender in certain detention care under a special detention order until disposition; revising the circumstances under which an adjudication of delinquency for a felony disqualifies a person from possessing a firearm, etc. APPROPRIATION: $5,956,024.00
Last Action: 5/2/2017 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7059 (Ch. 2017-164) -SJ 657
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice (ACJ)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; Appropriations -SJ 211
• Introduced -SJ 211
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/27/17, 1:30 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 256
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice -SJ 256
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice, 04/13/17, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Criminal and Civil Justice; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 424
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 424
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/25/17, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 478
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 478
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 482
• Read 2nd time -SJ 517
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 657
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 7059 -SJ 657
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 7059 (Ch. 2017-164) -SJ 657
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.