CS/SB 1682: Condominiums
Condominiums; Prohibiting an association from hiring an attorney that represents the management company of the association; requiring the Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares, and Mobile Homes to maintain and provide copies of financial reports; authorizing, rather than requiring, the division to employ full-time attorneys to conduct certain arbitration hearings; prohibiting specified parties from purchasing a unit at a foreclosure sale resulting from the association’s foreclosure of association lien for unpaid assessments or from taking a deed in lieu of foreclosures, etc.
Last Action: 4/20/2017 Senate - On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/25/17, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
Location: On agenda (RC)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Regulated Industries; Rules -SJ 213
• Introduced -SJ 213
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/22/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 243
• Now in Regulated Industries -SJ 243
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 04/04/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Regulated Industries; YEAS 8 NAYS 2 -SJ 319
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 319
• CS by Regulated Industries read 1st time -SJ 326
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/25/17, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.