SB 280: Sentencing for Capital Felonies
GENERAL BILL by Bracy ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bradley
Sentencing for Capital Felonies; Requiring jury unanimity rather than a certain number of jurors for a sentencing recommendation of death, etc.
- Criminal Justice (CJ)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Criminal Justice; Rules -SJ 56
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/06/17, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 148
• Now in Rules -SJ 148
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/22/17, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 148
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 148
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/17
• Introduced -SJ 56
• Read 2nd time -SJ 173
• Read 3rd time -SJ 173
• Passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 173
• Immediately certified -SJ 173
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 329
• Received -HJ 329
• Substituted for HB 527 -HJ 343
• Read 2nd time -HJ 343
• Read 3rd time -HJ 343
• Passed; YEAS 112 NAYS 3 -HJ 343
• Immediately certified -HJ 343
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 228
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor -SJ 228
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2017-1
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.