SB 428: Local Government Participation in the Florida Retirement System
GENERAL BILL by Brandes
Local Government Participation in the Florida Retirement System; Providing that employees of a governing body of a municipality, metropolitan planning organization, or special district that applies to participate in the Florida Retirement System on or after a certain date may enroll only in the defined contribution program; authorizing enrollment in the pension plan for employees of governing bodies that have elected or applied to participate in the Florida Retirement System before a certain date, etc.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 68
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/06/17, 4:00 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 2 -SJ 147
• Introduced -SJ 68
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 147
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.