CS/SB 7030: Benefits and Salaries for Public Employees
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Benefits and Salaries for Public Employees; Establishing a presumption as to a firefighter’s condition or impairment of health caused by certain types of cancer that he or she contracts in the line of duty; authorizing renewed membership in the Florida Retirement System for retirees who are reemployed in a position eligible for the Elected Officers’ Class under certain circumstances; authorizing the state group insurance program to include additional benefits; providing for compensation adjustments for specified law enforcement personnel, the Department of Corrections, Assistant Public Defenders, certain judicial officers and designated employees, and other state employees and officers, etc. APPROPRIATION: $186,818,372.00
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 7022 (Ch. 2017-88)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Appropriations (AP)
• Submitted for consideration by Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 04/24/17, 3:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 3
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 478
• Introduced -SJ 478
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 05/01/17, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 750
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 753
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 7022 (Ch. 2017-88)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.