The Senate has convened, unilaterally, in Special Session for the sole purpose of consideration of Executive Order 19-14.
CS/CS/HB 7101: K-12 Education
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee ; PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee ; Cortes, B.
K-12 Education; Revises provisions relating to charter school applications, appeals & disputes, funding, information disclosures, administrative fees, & student data; revises provisions relating to College-preparatory Boarding Academy Pilot Program, high-performing charter schools, school district virtual course offerings, assessments offered to specified students, school grades, dual enrollment & early admission programs, & specified school funds.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Bill Text: PDF
- Appropriations (AP)
• Introduced -HJ 481
• Referred to PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 519
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/03/17, 11:30 am, Reed Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 2 -HJ 564
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 562
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/06/17, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 562
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 4 -HJ 634
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 632
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 684
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/18/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 714
• Amendment(s) adopted (881753, 919103) -HJ 714
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 726
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 81 NAYS 39 -HJ 726
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 462
• Received -SJ 462
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 7069 (Ch. 2017-116)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.