CS/HB 105: Canvassing of Vote-by-mail Ballots
GENERAL BILL by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee ; Cruz ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Abruzzo ; Asencio ; Baez ; Davis ; DuBose ; Duran ; Geller ; Jacobs ; Jenne ; Lee ; Pritchett ; Richardson ; Shaw ; Watson, C. ; Williams
Canvassing of Vote-by-mail Ballots; Modifying and clarifying provisions governing the canvassing of vote-by-mail ballots; authorizing use of the vote-by-mail ballot cure affidavit if an elector's signature does not match the signature in the registration books or precinct register; specifying that a Florida driver license or Florida identification card are acceptable forms of identification for purposes of curing a vote-by-mail ballot, etc.
Last Action: 5/18/2017 - Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 38
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 02/16/17, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 272
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 268
• Introduced -HJ 38
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 03/09/17, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 259
• Favorable by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -HJ 335
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 335
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/22/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 413
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 443
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 443
• In Messages
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 296
• Received -SJ 296
• Withdrawn from Ethics and Elections; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 286
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 286
• Substituted for SB 954 -SJ 286
• Read 2nd time -SJ 286
• Amendment(s) adopted (762384) -SJ 286
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 315
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 35 NAYS 0 -SJ 315
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (762384) -HJ 1089, 1090
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 120 NAYS 0 -HJ 1090, 1091
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1091
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.