CS/HB 1299: Preinsurance Inspection
GENERAL BILL by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee ; DuBose
Preinsurance Inspection; Provides exception from requirements relating to inspection of private passenger motor vehicles before issuing certain motor vehicle insurance policies; requires insurers opting out of such requirements to file manual rule with OIR; authorizes insurers to establish their own preinsurance inspection requirements; authorizes insurer to charge applicant for cost of inspection.
• Introduced -HJ 133
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 350
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 03/27/17, 12:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 494
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 487
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 519
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• See CS/CS/CS/HB 1007
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.