CS/HB 227: Electrical and Alarm System Contracting
GENERAL BILL by Careers and Competition Subcommittee ; Killebrew ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fine ; Renner
Electrical and Alarm System Contracting; Specifies that provisions regulating electrical & alarm system contractors do not prevent such certified contractors from acting as prime contractor or from subcontracting work to other licensed contractors.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 Senate - Died in Regulated Industries, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1021 (Ch. 2017-149)
Bill Text: PDF
- Regulated Industries (RI)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Careers and Competition Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 45
• On Committee agenda-- Careers and Competition Subcommittee, 02/22/17, 1:15 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Careers and Competition Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 272
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 269
• Introduced -HJ 45
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 03/09/17, 8:30 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Careers and Competition Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 261
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 27 NAYS 0 -HJ 354
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 354
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/22/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 411
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 438
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 438
• In Messages
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 280
• Received -SJ 280
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Regulated Industries, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1021 (Ch. 2017-149)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.