CS/CS/SB 334: Prejudgment Interest
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Judiciary ; Steube
Prejudgment Interest; Requiring a court to include interest on economic damages and costs in the final judgment of a negligence action as a result of a personal injury; specifying the date from which interest accrues, etc.
Last Action: 4/4/2017 Senate - CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 293
Location: On 2nd Reading Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Rules -SJ 60
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/21/17, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 2 -SJ 149
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 149
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/09/17, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Amendment(s) Adopted - Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 60
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 142
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/29/17, 1:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -SJ 292
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 292
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 293
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.