CS/HB 7055: Termination of a Condominium Association
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee ; White ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Berman
Termination of a Condominium Association; Revises voting requirements for rejection of plan of termination; increases amount of time to consider plan of termination under certain conditions; revises requirements to qualify for payment as homestead owner if owner has rejected plan of termination; revises & provides notice requirements; requires DBPR to review & approve plan of termination.
Last Action: 5/2/2017 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1520 (Ch. 2017-122) -HJ 1064
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 330
• Referred to Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 354
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 03/21/17, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 428
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 428
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/06/17, 1:30 pm, Webster Hall
• CS by Commerce Committee; YEAS 25 NAYS 0 -HJ 610
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 609
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 632
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 04/20/17, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 806
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 806
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 934
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 05/02/17
• Substituted CS/SB 1520 -HJ 1064
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/SB 1520 (Ch. 2017-122) -HJ 1064
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.