CS/CS/HB 775: Motor Vehicle Warranty Repairs and Recall Repairs
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Careers and Competition Subcommittee ; Diaz, M. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Burgess ; Mercado
Motor Vehicle Warranty Repairs and Recall Repairs; Prohibits manufacturer, factory branch, distributor, or importer from denying motor vehicle dealer claim, reducing dealer compensation, or processing chargeback to dealer due to specified circumstances; requires manufacturer, factory branch, distributor, or importer to compensate dealer for used motor vehicle under specified circumstances & pay compensation within specified timeframe; requires dealer's application for payment to be made through manufacturer's, factory branch's, distributor's, or importer's warranty application system or certain other system/process; provides for calculation of compensation amount.
Last Action: 6/14/2017 - Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Careers and Competition Subcommittee; Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 89
• Introduced -HJ 89
• On Committee agenda-- Careers and Competition Subcommittee, 03/21/17, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Careers and Competition Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 452
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Careers and Competition Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 448
• Now in Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee -HJ 458
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 03/28/17, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 490
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 490
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 04/19/17, 8:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 29 NAYS 0 -HJ 786
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 779
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 791
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/27/17
• Read 2nd time -HJ 936
• Amendment(s) adopted (940435) -HJ 937
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 968
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 969
• In Messages
• Referred to Transportation; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 608
• Received -SJ 608
• Withdrawn from Transportation; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 758
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 758
• Substituted for CS/CS/CS/SB 466 -SJ 758
• Read 2nd time -SJ 758
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 905
• CS passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 905
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1262
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.