HB 955: High School Graduation Requirements
GENERAL BILL by Ahern ; Fitzenhagen ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Burton ; Byrd ; Cortes, J. ; Drake ; Edwards-Walpole ; Fine ; Fischer ; Hager ; Leek ; Massullo ; McClain ; Peters ; Ponder ; Porter ; Raschein ; Slosberg ; Stevenson ; Stone
High School Graduation Requirements; Revises requirements for NGSSS to include financial literacy; revises required credits for standard high school diploma to include instruction in personal financial literacy & money management.
Last Action: 5/5/2017 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 105
• Introduced -HJ 105
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee, 03/27/17, 12:30 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 464
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 464
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 04/03/17, 11:30 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 563
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 563
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 04/20/17, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by- Education Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 786
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 786
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.