CS/SB 88: High School Graduation Requirements
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Hukill ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rouson ; Baxley ; Benacquisto ; Stewart ; Rodriguez ; Mayfield ; Farmer ; Book ; Hutson ; Perry ; Powell ; Gibson ; Campbell ; Rader
High School Graduation Requirements; Revising the requirements for the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards to include financial literacy; revising the required credits for a standard high school diploma to include one-half credit of instruction in personal financial literacy and money management and seven and one-half, rather than eight, credits in electives, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 House - Died in returning Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education (AED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations -SJ 14
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 09/12/17, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Meeting cancelled
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 10/09/17, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 103
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education -SJ 103
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education, 11/08/17, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 104
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 104
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 12/06/17, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 102
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 102
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/11/18
• Introduced -SJ 14
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 93
• Read 2nd time -SJ 140
• Read 3rd time -SJ 140
• CS passed; YEAS 34 NAYS 0 -SJ 141
• Immediately certified -SJ 141
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 942
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/18
• Received -HJ 942
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1017
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 323 -HJ 1017
• Amendment(s) adopted (872419) -HJ 1017, 1019
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1064
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 1064, 1065
• In returning messages
• Refused to concur in 1 amendment(s) (872419) -SJ 1008, 1011
• Requested House to recede -SJ 1011
• In returning messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.