HB 89: Actions Against Contractors Without Required Insurance Coverage
GENERAL BILL by Spano
Actions Against Contractors Without Required Insurance Coverage; Provides that contractor who fails to carry required insurance may be personally liable for damages that would have been covered by such insurance.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 House - Died in Careers and Competition Subcommittee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; Careers and Competition Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 19
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee, 11/08/17, 1:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice and Claims Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 252
• Now in Careers and Competition Subcommittee -HJ 252
• Introduced -HJ 19
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Careers and Competition Subcommittee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.