CS/SB 150: Motor Vehicle Insurance
GENERAL BILL by Banking and Insurance ; Lee
Motor Vehicle Insurance; Repealing provisions relating to application of the Florida Motor Vehicle No-Fault Law; revising garage liability insurance requirements for motor vehicle dealer applicants; requiring specified motor vehicle liability insurance policies to include medical payments coverage; providing insurers a civil cause of action against certain persons who are convicted of or plead guilty or nolo contendre to certain acts of insurance fraud associated with claims for medical payments coverage benefits, etc.
Last Action: 1/17/2018 Senate - CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 200
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 18
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 12/05/17, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/10/18, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 17
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 10 NAYS 1 -SJ 162
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 162
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 200
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.