CS/SB 396: Motor Vehicle Insurance Coverage for Windshield Glass
Motor Vehicle Insurance Coverage for Windshield Glass; Authorizing a motor vehicle insurance policy providing comprehensive or combined additional coverage to require an inspection of the damaged windshield of a covered motor vehicle before the windshield repair or replacement is authorized by the insurer; requiring that such inspections be performed by certain adjusters and within a specified timeframe, or the right to an inspection is waived, etc.
Last Action: 1/19/2018 Senate - Now in Commerce and Tourism
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 33
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 12/05/17, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/10/18, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building --Not Considered
• Introduced -SJ 33
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 01/16/18, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 11 NAYS 0
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Commerce and Tourism
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.