CS/HB 41: Pregnancy Support and Wellness Services
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Toledo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ahern ; Altman ; Burgess ; Fischer ; Grall ; Spano ; White ; Yarborough
Pregnancy Support and Wellness Services; Requires DOH to contract with not-for-profit statewide alliance of organizations to provide pregnancy support & wellness services through subcontractors; provides duties of department; provides contract requirements; requires services to be provided in noncoercive manner & forbides inclusion of religious content.
Last Action: 2/8/2018 Senate - CS passed; YEAS 21 NAYS 12 -SJ 310
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 17
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 11/14/17, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 5 -HJ 254
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 250
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/11/18
• Introduced -HJ 17
• CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 246
• Read 2nd time -HJ 302
• Amendment(s) failed (700107) -HJ 302
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 335
• CS passed; YEAS 73 NAYS 29 -HJ 335
• In Messages
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 251
• Received -SJ 251
• Withdrawn from Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 295
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 295
• Substituted for CS/SB 444 -SJ 295
• Read 2nd time -SJ 295
• Amendment(s) failed (312228) -SJ 295
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 310
• Amendment(s) failed (312228, 894162) -SJ 310
• CS passed; YEAS 21 NAYS 12 -SJ 310
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.