CS/HB 423: Higher Education
GENERAL BILL by Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee ; Rodrigues
Higher Education; Revises provision relating to Board of Governors, preeminent state research universities program, State University System Performance-Based Incentive, direct-support organizations, statewide articulation agreement, common placement testing, Florida Bright Futures Scholarship Program, postsecondary student fees, block tuition, certain scholarship programs, & USF; creates World Class Faculty & Scholar Program, State University Professional & Graduate Degree Excellence Program, & Florida Farmworker Student Scholarship Program.
Last Action: 2/6/2018 House - Now in Education Committee -HJ 534
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee; Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 39
• Introduced -HJ 38
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee, 01/17/18, 9:30 am, Mashburn Hall
• CS by Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 1 -HJ 362
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 361
• CS by Post-Secondary Education Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 357
• On Committee agenda-- Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/06/18, 9:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Higher Education Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 534
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 534
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.