CS/CS/HB 461: Pub. Rec./Trade Secrets Held by an Agency
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Government Accountability Committee ; Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee ; Massullo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Slosberg
Pub. Rec./Trade Secrets Held by an Agency; Provides exemption from public record requirements for trade secret held by agency; provides notice requirements; provides process for responding to public record requests; provides exception to exemption; provides that agency employee is not liable for release of records in compliance with act; provides applicability; provides for future legislative review & repeal of exemption; provides statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Government Accountability Committee -HJ 42
• Introduced -HJ 42
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 01/17/18, 8:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 370
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Government Accountability Committee -HJ 369
• CS by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 367
• On Committee agenda-- Government Accountability Committee, 02/08/18, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Government Accountability Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -HJ 559
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Government Accountability Committee read 1st time -HJ 555
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 562
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/20/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 625
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 652
• CS passed; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 652
• In Messages
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 416
• Received -SJ 416
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.