SB 508: Public Assistance
GENERAL BILL by Rouson
Public Assistance; Requiring CareerSource Florida, Inc., to submit in a detailed annual report certain information on individuals subject to mandatory work requirements who receive temporary cash or food assistance; requiring the Department of Economic Opportunity to work with program participants in developing strategies to overcome obstacles to compliance with work activity requirements; creating the TANF Reemployment Pilot Program in Pinellas County, etc. APPROPRIATION: $300,000.00
Last Action: 3/10/2018 Senate - Died in Commerce and Tourism
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 41
• Introduced -SJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 01/29/18, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 226
• Now in Commerce and Tourism -SJ 226
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Commerce and Tourism
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.