CS/CS/SB 568: Telephone Solicitation
Telephone Solicitation; Revising the definition of the term “telephonic sales call” to include voicemail transmissions; prohibiting the transmission of voicemails to specified persons who communicate to a telephone solicitor that they would not like to receive certain voicemail solicitations or requests for donations, etc.
Last Action: 3/21/2018 - Chapter No. 2018-23, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 740 (Ch. 2018-84)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 46
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 11/13/17, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• CS by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 103
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules -SJ 104
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/11/18, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 46
• CS by Commerce and Tourism read 1st time -SJ 99
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 142
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 157
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 142
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/24/18
• Read 2nd time -SJ 219
• Amendment(s) adopted (752890) -SJ 219
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 219
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 241
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 241
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 546
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/14/18
• Received -HJ 546
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 315 -HJ 582
• Read 2nd time -HJ 582
• Read 3rd time -HJ 582
• CS passed; YEAS 109 NAYS 0 -HJ 583
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 364
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-23, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 740 (Ch. 2018-84)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.