SB 608: Public Records/Identity Theft and Fraud Protection Act
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Passidomo
Public Records/Identity Theft and Fraud Protection Act; Citing this act as the “Identity Theft and Fraud Protection Act"; requiring an agency to review for information susceptible to use for purposes of identity theft or fraud before making postings to a publicly available website; requiring an agency to establish a policy providing for requests to remove an image or a copy of a public record containing information susceptible to use for purposes of identity theft and fraud, etc.
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 48
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/10/18, 9:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 48
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 141
• Now in Judiciary -SJ 141
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 01/18/18, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 204
• Now in Rules -SJ 204
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/25/18, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 11 NAYS 2 -SJ 227
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 227
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.