SB 720: Children’s Initiatives
Children’s Initiatives; Creating the Tampa Sulphur Springs Neighborhood of Promise Success Zone within the City of Tampa in Hillsborough County and the Overtown Children and Youth Coalition within the City of Miami in Miami-Dade County; providing for the projects to be managed by not-for-profit corporations that are not subject to control, supervision, or direction by any department of the state, etc.
Last Action: 3/8/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to HB 449 -SJ 908, 909
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 57
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 01/09/18, 4:00 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• Introduced -SJ 57
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 141
• Now in Community Affairs -SJ 141
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/23/18, 3:30 pm, 301 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 220
• Now in Rules -SJ 220
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/01/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 564
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 564
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/08/18 -SJ 967
• Read 2nd time -SJ 908
• Substituted HB 449 -SJ 908, 909
• Laid on Table, refer to HB 449 -SJ 908, 909
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.