CS/CS/HB 731: Home Education
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee ; Sullivan ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman
Home Education; Revises provisions relating to home education programs, school attendance requirements, home education student participation in interscholastic & intrascholastic extracurricular student activities, & dual enrollment programs. APPROPRIATION: $550,000.00
Last Action: 2/21/2018 House - CS passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 656
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 64
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee, 01/09/18, 1:00 pm, Mashburn Hall
• Introduced -HJ 64
• CS by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 313
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 308
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 338
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/30/18, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 473
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 474
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/07/18, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 550
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 548
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 562
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/20/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 636
• Amendment(s) adopted (454191) -HJ 637, 638
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 656
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 656
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.