CS/CS/HB 731: Home Education
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee ; Sullivan ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Toledo
Home Education; Specifying that a home education program is not a school district program and is registered with the district school superintendent only for the purpose of complying with the state's attendance requirements; prohibiting a district school superintendent from requiring certain evidence relating to a child's age from children enrolling in specified schools and programs; requiring the department to provide certain teacher and student ACT and PreACT information for the evaluation of certain services and activities, etc.
• Referred to PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 64
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee, 01/09/18, 1:00 pm, Mashburn Hall
• Introduced -HJ 64
• CS by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 313
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 308
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 338
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/30/18, 8:00 am, Reed Hall
• Favorable by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 473
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 474
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/07/18, 9:00 am, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 550
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 548
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 562
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/20/18
• Read 2nd time -HJ 636
• Amendment(s) adopted (454191) -HJ 637, 638
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 656
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 113 NAYS 0 -HJ 656
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations -SJ 417
• Received -SJ 417
• Withdrawn from Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations -SJ 935
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 935
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 732 -SJ 935
• Read 2nd time -SJ 935
• Amendment(s) adopted (815502) -SJ 935, 938
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 1024
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 1024
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (815502) -HJ 1190, 1193
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 101 NAYS 0 -HJ 1193
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -HJ 1193
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2018-134
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.