CS/CS/SB 732: K-12 Education
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Education ; Baxley ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Grimsley
K-12 Education; Revising the meaning of a rare disease within the definition of the term “disability” for purposes of the Gardiner Scholarship Program; specifying that a home education program is not a school district program and is registered with the district school superintendent only for the purpose of complying with the state’s attendance requirements; establishing reading scholarship accounts for specified purposes; prohibiting a district school superintendent from requiring certain evidence relating to a child’s age from children enrolled in specified schools and programs; authorizing a district school board participating in the Mastery-Based Education Pilot Program to award credit based on student mastery of certain content and skills; renaming the Competency-Based Education Pilot Program as the Mastery-Based Education Pilot Program; requiring the Department of Education to provide certain teacher and student ACT and PreACT information for the evaluation of certain services and activities, etc. APPROPRIATION: $10,000,000.00
Last Action: 3/8/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 731 (Ch. 2018-134), CS/HB 7055 (Ch. 2018-6) -SJ 935
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; Appropriations -SJ 58
• Introduced -SJ 57
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 01/22/18, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 220
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 221
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education -SJ 220
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education, 02/08/18, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Pre-K - 12 Education; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 348
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 348
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/02/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 753
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 753
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/07/18 -SJ 876
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 719, 720
• Retained on Special Order Calendar
• Read 2nd time -SJ 934, 935
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 731 -SJ 935
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 731 (Ch. 2018-134), CS/HB 7055 (Ch. 2018-6) -SJ 935
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.