SB 800: Infectious Disease Elimination Pilot Program
Infectious Disease Elimination Pilot Program; Authorizing the University of Miami and its affiliates to establish sterile needle and syringe exchange pilot programs in Broward County and Palm Beach County; providing that the possession, distribution, or exchange of needles and syringes under the pilot program is not a violation of the Florida Comprehensive Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Act or any other law; prohibiting use of state, county, or municipal funds to operate the pilot program, etc.
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 62
• Introduced -SJ 62
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 01/16/18, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 161
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services -SJ 161
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 01/24/18, 11:30 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 221
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 221
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 01/31/18, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/01/18, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Meeting cancelled
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -SJ 257
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 257
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/08/18 -SJ 336
• Read 2nd time -SJ 313
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 553
• Amendment(s) adopted (478644) -SJ 553
• Passed as amended; YEAS 34 NAYS 1 -SJ 554
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.