CS/HB 961: Beverage Law
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Gruters ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Beshears ; Clemons ; Grant, J. ; Rommel
Beverage Law; Authorizes malt beverage distributor to give branded glassware to vendors licensed to sell malt beverages for on-premises consumption; requires that glassware bear certain branding; provides an annual limit on amount of glassware distributor may give to vendor; prohibits vendor from selling branded glassware or returning it to distributor for cash, credit, or replacement; requires manufacturers, importers, distributors, & vendors to maintain certain records.
Last Action: 3/8/2018 House - Ordered enrolled -HJ 1112
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Careers and Competition Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 83
• Introduced -HJ 83
• On Committee agenda-- Careers and Competition Subcommittee, 01/30/18, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Careers and Competition Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 7 -HJ 474
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 474
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/22/18, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 3 -HJ 672
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 670
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/28/18
• CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 666
• Read 2nd time -HJ 716
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 752
• CS passed; YEAS 101 NAYS 13 -HJ 752, 753
• In Messages
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations -SJ 571
• Received -SJ 571
• Withdrawn from Regulated Industries; Commerce and Tourism; Appropriations -SJ 878
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 878
• Substituted for CS/SB 1224 -SJ 878
• Read 2nd time -SJ 878
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 932
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 932, 933
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1112
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.