CS/CS/HB 1037: Pub. Rec./Public Guardians/Employees with Fiduciary Responsibility
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee ; Gruters ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) McGhee ; Perez ; Watson, B.
Pub. Rec./Public Guardians/Employees with Fiduciary Responsibility; Provides exemption from public records requirements for certain identifying & location information of current or former public guardians, employees with fiduciary responsibility, & spouses & children thereof; provides definition of term "employee with fiduciary responsibility"; provides for retroactive application; provides for future legislative review & repeal of exemption; provides statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 3/5/2018 House - Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/CS/SB 268 -HJ 905
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 89
• Introduced -HJ 89
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 01/17/18, 8:30 am, 12 HOB
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 365
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 360
• Now in Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee -HJ 369
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee, 01/23/18, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Administration Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 411
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 411
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/01/18, 9:30 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 488
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 487
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 491
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/02/18
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 832
• Read 2nd time -HJ 837
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/SB 268 -HJ 905
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/CS/CS/SB 268 -HJ 905
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.