CS/CS/HB 1103: Regional Rural Development Grants
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee ; Albritton ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Beshears ; Latvala
Regional Rural Development Grants; Provides that regional rural development grants may be used to hire regional economic development organization professional staff; provides maximum amount of grant funding that certain economic development organizations may receive in year; revises amount of required matching funds; requires certain contracts to include certain information & be placed on certain websites; provides that improving access to & availability of broadband Internet service may be included in project that is eligible for rural infrastructure grant funds.
Last Action: 2/19/2018 House - Placed on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 97
• Introduced -HJ 97
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee, 01/23/18, 9:00 am, 12 HOB
• Favorable by Agriculture and Property Rights Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 392
• Now in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 392
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/06/18, 12:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 535
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 531
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 559
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/13/18, 3:00 pm, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 0 -HJ 607
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 605 606
• Placed on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.