CS/SB 1212: Public Records/Child Advocacy Centers
Public Records/Child Advocacy Centers; Providing an exemption from public records requirements to certain identifying and location information of current or former directors, managers, supervisors, and clinical employees of child advocacy centers that meet certain standards and requirements, members of a child protection team, and the spouses and children thereof; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 3/6/2018 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 417 (Ch. 2018-147) -SJ 764
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs (CF)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 90
• Introduced -SJ 90
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 01/16/18, 1:30 pm, 401 Senate Office Building
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 205
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability -SJ 205
• CS by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs read 1st time -SJ 212
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/06/18, 11:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 296
• Now in Rules -SJ 296
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/22/18, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -SJ 384
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 384
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/18 -SJ 771
• Read 2nd time -SJ 764
• Substituted CS/HB 417 -SJ 764
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 417 (Ch. 2018-147) -SJ 764
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.