SB 1248: Specialty License Plates
GENERAL BILL by Gainer
Specialty License Plates; Directing the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to develop a Coastal Conservation Association license plate; requiring, by a specified date, the annual use fees withheld by the department from the sale of the Live the Dream specialty license plate to be used first to satisfy all outstanding royalty payments due to The Martin Luther King, Jr. Center for Nonviolent Social Change, Inc., for the use of the image of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., etc.
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 145
• Introduced -SJ 144
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 01/18/18, 10:00 am, 401 Senate Office Building
• Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 204
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development -SJ 204
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 02/08/18, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Office Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: Favorable by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 337
• Now in Appropriations -SJ 337
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/15/18, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 353
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading -SJ 353
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/01/18 -SJ 435
• Read 2nd time -SJ 430
• Amendment(s) adopted (867068) -SJ 430
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 431
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 564
• Passed as amended; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 564
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.